Here is a handy link for all your Calgary Rafting information:
Bow River Float times:
Boating the Bow Safety information:
Things to remember!
- An approved life jacket must be worn at all times while boating within the city limits.
- A bailer or sponge, rescue throw line, 2 paddles and a whistle are required by law. We also recommend a spare paddle.
- Be prepared for cold water immersion! Bring extra clothes in a water proof bag. Wear a wetsuit when immersion is more likely.
- Bring drinking water snacks and lunch, sun protection and wind and rain protection.
- Stay close to shore when lake paddling. The wind can pick up without warning.
- Stay alert at all times. Watch for rocks. Trees over and under river (sweepers and strainers) shallow sections, bridge abutments and river braiding.
- Tell someone where you are going, and when you expect to return.
- Inflatable rafts are not permitted on the Glenmore Reservoir.
Please have fun and play safe.